- Yes, Matt, we're all annoyed and horrified by the prospect that Negroponte may be getting a new job soon. But, we were all pretty horrified that he got his current cushy job in the Bush administration too. How many times can you get outraged by the same guy?
- But this is the same Bush who appointed John Negroponte to be ambassador to the United Nations--an ambassador who comes to his new post trailing an abysmal record of official mendacity and a murky relation to the darkest of deeds.
- I'm of the opinion that the single most partisan act of the commission hearings came from the Attorney General of the United States when he appeared before them and testified as if he were a political hatchet man for Dick Nixon.
Or this, from an actual news article
- And now, we learn today, at this peak moment, Tenet hears about Moussaoui. Someone might have added 2 + 2 + 2 and possibly busted up the conspiracy. But the president was down on the ranch, taking it easy.
Or this comment about Bush's new policy on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict:
- In an obvious move to recover some votes that he rightly loses by being an incompetent buffoon, he panders to the Jewish vote, undoes a couple of decades of slow, spotty progress, and pisses off a huge group of people that we should be trying harder to understand... people with whom we're attempting to occupy the same planet.