Sunday, July 04, 2004

cheap dates

When you are sitting in an empty room and find yourself laughing out loud, something was really funny. From Back of the Envelope

I figure I might reasonably expect to sell 10 copies of each part, which, after giving Amazon its cut, should be enough for dinner and a movie for myself and a date.
This sounds wrong to me and I start to do the calculation in my head. I'm even thinking I may have to send an email to Donald asking if he takes his dates to 7/11 for dinner. Then I see the next sentence:
Assuming my date pays her own way.
There was something about being caught in mid-calculation like that. If I'd been drinking soda it would have been a nose squirter.

I hope he gets enough readers to pay for the date too. Women may say they don't mind going dutch, but I've always suspected that's like a man saying he doesn't care about breast size. It's true when he says it, but if the woman ignores him and gets, uh, ehnanced, anyway, he'll probably really like it.

No comments: