Friday, August 27, 2004

the haunting

I can't get this really bad song, Morgana Jones out of my head. I don't know how I got infected because I haven't heard the song in twenty years. It was on a Kenny Rogers album that I liked back in high school (I think it was The Gambler). I used to listen to the album a lot but always hated that particular song. The tune is annoying and the lyrics are disgusting.

I never sang along with it and I had no idea I even knew the words. As it keeps going through my head, I keep remembering phrases I didn't recall before. Really annoying phrases that I don't want to recall. I've tried everything to get this crap out of my head. I've tried singing other songs. I've tried the "no-no-no-no" litany when it comes into my head. Nothing works. For three days now this awful song has haunted me.

Is this perhaps some magical geas bound upon me by an evil warlock? A sorcerous compulsion that will torture me until I complete some evil task? Like assassinating Kenny Rogers, for example? And really, how evil would that be?

OK, that would be pretty evil. But I still blame him for my current suffering.

Does exorcism work in cases like this?

Have I maybe spent too much time playing Dungeons and Dragons?

No comments: