Tuesday, August 17, 2004

some people never learn

Joel Mowbray reports that the State Department is still approving 90% of all visa applications from Saudi Arabia. Nineteen of the 9/11 hijackers were from that Saudia Arabia. According to the 9/11 commission report, that's because it was too hard to get visas for people from other countries. Furthermore, all 19 of the visas should have been rejected according to US law.

So now it looks like al Qaeda has big pre-election plans and they have to get people into the country to carry them out. So I have a question: if another three thousand people are killed by Saudi terrorists that were let in on flaky visas, then can we fire some of the idiots at State and replace them with people who will do the job?

I blame George Bush for this. Yet another reason I'm going to have to hold my nose when I vote for him.

Oh, I also blame Colin Powell for this. Yet another reason to hope that he keeps his promise and resigns after the election.

No comments: