Monday, August 02, 2004

vets against Kerry

Here is a brief synopsis of what Kerry's band of brothers actually though of him. Especially after he came back from the war and accused all of them of being brutal rapists, savages and war criminals. Some typical comments:
We resent very deeply the false war crimes charges he made coming back from Vietnam in 1971 and repeated in the book "Tour of Duty."

Thirty-five years ago, many of us fell silent when we came back to the stain of sewage that Mr. Kerry had thrown on us, and all of our colleagues who served over there. I don't intend to be silent today or ever again. Our young men and women who are serving deserve no less.

The briefing from some members of that crew the morning after revealed that they had not received any enemy fire, and yet Lt.(jg) Kerry informed me of a wound -- he showed me a scratch on his arm and a piece of shrapnel in his hand that appeared to be from one of our own M-79s. It was later reported to me that Lt.(jg) Kerry had fired an M-79, and it had exploded off the adjacent shoreline. I do not recall being advised of any medical treatment, and probably said something like 'Forget it.' He later received a Purple Heart for that scratch, and I have no information as to how or whom.

We look at Vietnam... after all these years it is still languishing in isolated poverty and helplessness and tyranny. This is John Kerry's legacy.

When John Kerry returned to the country, he was sworn in front of Congress. And then he told my family -- my parents, my sister, my brother, my neighbors -- he told everyone I knew and everyone I'd ever know that I and my comrades had committed unspeakable atrocities.
Go read the whole thing. And the rest of the web site as well. John is not only no war hero, he's a traitor. He helped the North Vietnamese defeat the US. He did it deliberately. He wanted them to win. The result was decades of slavery for the people he had been sent to protect. And now he wants credit for being a hero.

It was appalling enough when America elected a draft dodger, Bill Clinton. It showed that a plurality of Americans had forgotten honor. It will be a dark day if we now elect a man who betrayed the South Vietnamese, his fellow vets, and his country.

No comments: