Thursday, September 16, 2004

blogging and cheap shots

At some point over the last month or so the average readership of Doc Rampage jumped about fifty percent. I'm not sure what caused it, but it may have to do with the fact that I've been posting more often. It's cool to have more readers but unfortunately it's putting pressure on me to post more. I was happy with my readership before, but now I feel that if it goes back down then I'll be unhappy. People are weird.

I was discussing this problem with a friend of mine and he cautioned me not to get carried away. "What if you push yourself to write too much and your quality suffers?" he asked me. "Your readers will lose confidence in you and you'll be down to even worse than you started. What then?"

"Then," I responded immediately, "I'd be Dan Rather."

Now this was clearly a cheap shot and inapt besides --no one has accused Dan Rather of blogging too much. I feel bad about saying it, which is why I'm mentioning it on my blog. Just so you all know I feel bad about it.

Also, I needed to get a post up today.

No comments: