Monday, September 20, 2004

the good, the bad, and the smelly

As some of you know, I only moved to the San Francisco area about three years ago. Before that, I spent most of my life in Arizona and most of my adulthood in Tucson. There are a lot of things I like about the Bay Area and a lot of things I don't. Just to give you a flavor, here are some things that I've actually seen in San Francisco that you wouldn't expect to see in Tucson:
A marquee advertising a play with an actual famous star in it.
While dining in a nice restaurant and looking out the window: some guy across the street peeing against a trashcan.
While walking through a shopping center (I exaggerate not): every other woman is a hot babe.
A used condom lying in the middle of the sidewalk.
A guy being mugged.
People eating outdoors in the summer.
A naked man (except for a leather vest) having a friendly conversation with two cops in a police car (presumably about his apparel).
Really good bands playing on the sidewalk.
Streaks of urine across the sidewalk.
On one block: a Chinese restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, an Indian restaurant, a Turkish restaurant, and an Italian restaurant.

No comments: