Monday, January 09, 2006

Rampage in the Land of the Moops

Well I just got back from two weeks in Spain and Morocco. Among my adventures: I ran over a concrete barrier in a Land Rover to cut in line at a ferry in Algeciras, I was almost run over by a mule in Fez, was nearly mugged in Asilah, got lost in Granada, and dated an actress in Madrid. All in all, a successful vacation.

Mostly, I was visiting my brother and his family for the holidays. I got an extra holiday out of it since in addition to Christmas and New Years, the Spanish celebrate King's day on January Eight. The Three Kings left candy bars in my shoes. Go figure.

I had a great time with my brother and his family. I just haven't spent enough time with my little brother since I moved out of the house twenty-six years ago. My sister-in-law has a gift for making someone feel at home in her house. My nephew reminds me so much of myself at that age that it's scary. And my two nieces ... well, what can I say about nieces. I have a great time with all my nephews (I have five), but there is something so special about having a little girl run up to give you a great big hug.

There was a Storyblogging Carnival during my absence (according to Donald, it's the thrity-fifth (sic), but I think he may be confused). I think this is the first Carnival I've missed but I just didn't have time to do any writing. Also, I think I'm hosting the next one, more on that later.

Sheya and Shreya were both nice enough to say they missed my blog while I was gone. Thank you, ladies. I hope to get back to speed immediately, but with jet-lag issues, I don't know if I will be successful. Sorry, Sheya, but most of the next week I'll probably be writing my vacation adventures instead of Ink Magic.

No comments: