Tuesday, September 05, 2006

my favorite cat woman

I spent my labor day doing a marathon --specifically, watching a Dark Angel marathon on the sci fi channel. I really enjoyed it, and not just because Jessica Alba is hot, but because the show is so well done. I never noticed before how well-written that show is. The plots were interesting and often surprising. The dialog was funny and in a natural way, not by having unbelievably witty characters. There were no deus ex machina resolutions (a very common failing of sci fi shows) and there were no repeated plot elements. Also, the writers carefully avoided cliches; there was even a nice moment when they threatened to use a cliche --would the ambiguously evil bad guy who raised the heroine in the evil lab turn out to be her real father? As the moment of revelation approaches, Alba says something like "I hope you're not going to say that you're my father. That would be too cliche." I really respect the writing of this show, unlike, for example, the unoriginal writing of Stargate or the weird writing of Battlestar Gallactica.

And, of course, Jessica Alba is hot.

No comments: