Saturday, December 02, 2006

why I hate to fly

When I told family members why I wasn't flying to Arizona for Thanksgiving, I couldn't make them understand. I told them that airport security is just too infuriating and they thought that I meant the long lines or the inconvenience. But that's not what it is. What infuriates me is something deeper; it's not the inconvenience itself but the fact that I and millions of other Americans are made to suffer these inconveniences and humiliations for stupid political reasons.

Every passenger on every flight has to suffer because the Bush administration is not willing to take the heat from the politically correct and perpetually outraged for doing security the right way. I have to suffer indignity because my fellow citizens prefer to offend me than take the risk of offending Muslims. They prefer to offend because they know that I won't kill them for it, but the Muslims might. I am a victim of my neighbor's cowardice, and that is what infuriates me so much.

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. La Shawn Barber understands.

No comments: