Saturday, July 21, 2007

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Xrlq.

For those of you who don't know, tagging games are the linking pyramid schemes of the blogosphere. Some enterprising young whippersnapper tags five other blogs and asks them to write something or answer a question. Then those five blogs are supposed to do another five blogs. The exponential growth should very quickly cover the entire blog world. So how come this is the first time I've ever been tagged?

I'm guessing it's because the blogger who started this one came up with an amazing new innovation. Instead of tagging five people, you have to tag eight. Where do people get these ideas from? And since I'm not sure I know eight bloggers who are still active, I'm going to have to stretch on my tags.

By the way, I tried to trace the path back to the original genius who thought of an 8-way pyramid scheme, but after a grueling slog through a chain of chick blogs, I came to a dead end where the bloggeress seemed to have gotten the meme from elsewhere but didn't say where.

So anyhow, here are the rules:
The rules are simple…Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


1. I typically eat meals at 7/11 several times per month.

2. I own 8 different long-sleeve pseudo-dress shirts with Loony Tunes characters on them. This highly unorthodox apparel doesn't seem to impress the ladies all that much. Go figure.

3. I believe that the finest contribution that the show South Park has made to our culture is by reviving the word "hippie" as a pejorative term.

4. When I open a package that contains a pastry of some sort and part of the pastry sticks to the cellophane, I lick it off before I start on the main pastry.

5. I don't blog in pajamas; I find them too restricting.

6. My favorite musical styles are blues and 70's pop. What's the connection? Probably I like 70's pop because when I was a kid the only things on the radio were pop and heavy metal --and I hate heavy metal. I probably like the blues because it is my natural musical form: the blues makes heavy use of syncopation and I have no rhythm. The blues uses a flattened scale and I sing a lot of flat notes. I'm a born blues singer!

7. I can sort of play the blues harp. For those of you who aren't into the scene, a blues harp is a harmonica played in the blues style. What I mean by "sort of play" is that I can do a lot of the blues effects but I don't put in the necessary practice time to actually perform any numbers other than Amazing Grace.

8. My favorite colors are purple, gold, and turquoise. When I gave this answer to my grandmother many years ago, she dutifully knit me an afghan in those very colors. She is gone now, but I think of her every time I see that afghan.

So, for those of you who made it through the entire list, here are my tags:

La Shawn Barber
Back of the Envelope
Mostly Cajun
Monday Evening (BTW, Tom, I haven't been able to leave a comment at your site for about a year now. I keep meaning to send you an email about it...)
Spacemonkey
Master of None
TheGodFearinForum
Maverick Philosopher

No comments: