Wednesday, July 30, 2008

songs that made me buy albums

Looking for blues songs on Youtube I ran across some songs from the old days. I was never a huge music fan. In my whole life I've bought maybe maybe ten record albums, thirty cassettes, and fifteen CDs. A lot of people buy that much in a single year. But I ran across Black Velvet by Alannah Myles and it reminded me that I bought the cassette just for that song. There were quite a few albums that I bought mostly on the strength of a single song that I heard on the radio or from someone else's copy of the album.
So I thought I'd try to find some other songs that I liked well-enough for fork out money for the album, cassette, or CD (I never bought a single).

The Gambler - Kenny Rogers

Sail On - Commodores

You're No Good - Linda Ronstadt

Boulder to Birmingham - Emmylou Harris (I had heard the album before and liked other songs on it, but mainly this one)

Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival (there were several songs on this one that I knew also)

Let Her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish

Man, I've got to get my cassettes and records transferred to mp3 while I can still find devices to read them...

No comments: