Thursday, February 19, 2009

yet another song quiz

Other bloggers sometimes have music quizes and I always do badly on them. I guess my musical taste is just not the same as theirs, so here is a quiz that I would actually do well on. Each of the phrases below is the beginning of some song from the late sixties to early eighties. No googling. But if you know the answer, you can put it in the comments section. I'll give the answers next week.

1.
Looking for a job in the city
working for the man every night and day
and I never lost a minute of sleeping
worrying about the way the things might have been
2.
Feeling better now that we're through
Feeling better 'cause I'm over you
3.
Just yesterday morning they let me know you were gone
Susanne the plans they made put an end to you
4.
Was the dark of the moon, on the sixth of June
In a Kenworth, pullin' logs
5.
He was a hard-headed man he was brutally handsome
And she was terminally pretty
She held him up and he held for ransom
In the heart of the cold, cold city
6.
Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
7.
There'll be no strings to bind your hands
not if my love can't bind your heart.
And there's no need to take a stand
for it was I who chose to start.

UPDATE: added numbers to the song fragments
UPDATE 2: don't look at the comments until after you know your guesses...

No comments: